The functions of the National College of Arts Archives are as follows;
1. To provide access to noncurrent records.
2. To search, locate, and conserve the records, art and artefacts of historical and archaeological significance.
3. To advise researchers from National College of Arts and the wider community on the use of records for research purposes.
4. To provide researchers with information on the location of records relating to the arts and crafts kept in other libraries and archives and to facilitate the publication of such material in liaison with the Research and Publication Centre NCA.
The 3500 items of records in the NCA archives consist of typed and handwritten papers, maps, charts, photographs and other objects. Spreading over a century and quarter, the records up to the year 1975 contain: personal files and papers of the staff; financial and administrative statements and office orders of the institution; official records of students and supporting staff; manuscripts of the British Government; architectural drawings of state buildings; maps; decoration plans and proceedings of cultural events and official displays; records of International “arts and crafts” exhibitions.
Contains all available records and is revised periodically as and when more records are processed into the NCA Archives. Accessing the inactive NCA record is an ongoing process. The information provided on each collection in the list consists of the accession numbers, date, range and the quantity of the records. For some of the records, more extensive information, concerning the content and finding aids are available. It is anticipated that more detailed information will be progressively added in each collection. In addition to the list of holdings, the NCA.
1. The list of students of Mayo School of Arts (1906 to 1958)
2. The list of students of National College of Arts (1958 to 1995)
3. Photographs of faculty of Mayo School of Arts/National College of Arts old and rare photographs of personalities, buildings and exhibitions (1880-1975)
4. Annual result statements of students of Mayo School of Arts/National College of Arts (1906-1976)
1. Archives are open by appointment only. An appointment can be made by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Current photo identification must be presented in order to use the archives.
3. A signed Researcher Registration form must be completed.
4. A letter from the researcher’s organization is essential.
BFA, NCA Lahore, Pakistan
MA (Hons.) Visual Art, NCA Lahore, Pakistan
M.Phil. Sound Design (Aix-en-Provence France)
M.A. Multimedia Arts, NCA, Lahore
Masters in Art Administration COFA, University of new South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Phone: +92 42 99210599, 99210601 (Ext. 108, Ext. 175)
Fax:+92 42 99210500
Address:National College of Arts, Liaquat Bagh,
Liaquat Road, (46000) Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Phone: 051-9334984, 9334985, 9334986
© Copyrights - National College of Arts
Designed & Developed by NCA Web Team